Monday, July 4, 2011

Richard Camacho

Merced:

I received my copy of the Viking new last night and read the article about your project. I'm not sure if your familiar with DODs listing of KIA, but the home record listed for each is not always their home town. It may be the last place of residence or the city where they entered the military. Of those names listed in the Viking News, I knew Fred Warmbrodt, he was a class ahead of me, I was in the class of 64.

At the time I entered the military (drafted by the army and then put into the Marine Corps), I was living in Venice, Ca. and Dr. Drake was the principal of Samohi. When I was in Vietnam, Dr. Drake sent me a California flag that was donated by the student body. I flew it when ever I could in Vietnam. This last May, I donated my flag to Mrs. Alexander, a teacher at Moorpark High School, where I've been a guest speaker for the last 21 years, speaking on my experiences in Vietnam.

Thank you for caring about those that paid the ultimate price for our country.

Respectfully,
Richard Camacho Class of 1964

No comments:

Post a Comment